Roadside assistance is a service that helps you when your vehicle breaks down or has a problem while you’re driving. If you have a roadside assistance plan, you can call a toll-free number and someone will come to your aid. Here are some tips for using roadside assistance:
- Keep the roadside assistance or tow truck driver phone number in a safe place, such as in your phone or written in a safe place in your car.
- If you have a roadside assistance plan, make sure you understand what is covered and what is not. Some plans only cover certain types of breakdowns or only pay for a certain amount of service.
- If you break down on the side of the road, try to move your car to a safe location, if possible. If you can’t move your car, turn on your hazard lights to warn other drivers.
- Stay with your car until help arrives. If you need to leave your car for any reason, be sure to lock it and take your keys with you.
- If you have a roadside assistance plan, use it! The plan is there to help you in case of an emergency. Don’t be afraid to call for help if you need it.
Here are a few more pieces of advice for using roadside assistance:
- If you’re in an unfamiliar area, it may be helpful to have a map or a GPS device with you. This can help you give the roadside assistance operator accurate information about your location.
- If you have a flat tire, try to change it yourself if you know how. This can save time and get you back on the road more quickly. If you don’t know how to change a tire, or if you don’t feel safe doing it, wait for the roadside assistance technician to arrive.
- If you’re having car trouble, try to describe the problem as accurately as possible to the roadside assistance operator. This can help them dispatch the appropriate assistance and get you back on the road more quickly.
- If you’re in a dangerous or potentially hazardous situation (such as if you’ve been in an accident), call 911 first and then call your roadside assistance plan.
We are proudly the number #1 tow truck service in El Paso, Texas! If you need an emergency towing service or roadside assistance in and around El Paso then call us.
Towing of El Paso